Nude lipstick helps draw more attention to your smile and also your eyes. If you are looking for that great smokey eye look or want to show off your bright smile and super white teeth then nude lipstick is the way to go.
Let’s take a look at how to find a great nude lipstick for any skin tone.
Tips for Finding Your Perfect Nude Lipstick
- First make sure your lips are not chapped or dry. This goes for all lipsticks. You will want your lips to be free of dead skin and moisturized before applying any lipstick.
- Also make sure you add some foundation to smooth out the color of your lips. Lips tend to be darker in the corners. This will help give you the most accurate shade of nude lipstick.
- Try a little lipstick on your wrist. You will want to get a shade or two darker than the inside of your wrist.
- If you have a darker skin tone look for shades that are rich and golden brown and nude lipsticks that have a bronze or caramel tint. Bobbi Brown Cocoa Lipstick or CoverGirl Queen Collection Coffee Break are great shades.
- L’Oreal Paris has a lip gloss in the shade of Barely Nude that looks great on women with a light brown skin tone. Also check out MAC Lipstick in Freckletone.
- If you have more of an olive skin tone look for Revlon Matte Nude Attitude or SL Rouge Volupté lipstick in Nude Beige. Look for nude lipsticks that have a rose undertone.
- For fair to light skinned women, nude lipsticks that have a rose or pink tone work best. Stay away from beige or lipsticks that have a grey undertone.
Great Shades for All Skin Tones
Some nude lipsticks look great in all skin colors. Check out some these colors and see what you think.
Fresh Sugar Honey Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
Smashbox Photo Finish Lipstick in Flawless
L’Oreal J Lo’s Nude Barely Greige
L’Oreal Freida’s Nude Barely ParmaDior Rouge
Dior Lip Color in Angelique Beige