Using eyeliner with sensitive eyes can be an annoyance to deal with but there are eyeliners for sensitive eyes out there. Finding the right one can be a chore though because different people have different sensitivities and different allergies.
Find the right Eyeliner for your Sensitive Eyes
Its important to find the right kind of eyeliner that will not make your eyes irritable and watery. Look for brands that are hypoallergenic and also see how easily the eyeliner rolls on your hand before you purchase one. You do not want to be pressing to hard on your eye area to apply the eyeliner. If you use the liquid eyeliners look for eyeliners that have very soft brushes. Some brushes use fiber hairs which can irritate your eyes as well. Another tip is to try a different color. I know that red eyeliners can be more irritating than browns or greys.
Apply the Eyeliner Correctly
Knowing how and wear to apply the eyeliner can also eliminate watery eyes. Here are a few tips.
- Do not apply eyeliner to the pale line above your eyelashes. This is your waterline and you can actually damage it over time by applying eyeliner to this area.
- You should also think about bacteria on your eyeliner pencil or brush. Sharpening the pencil does not prevent bacteria unless you clean your sharpener every time. You can use a lighter to quickly burn the tip.
- Look for an eyeliner that dries quickly and does not smudge during the day.
- Try applying eyeshadow before you apply your eyeliner.
Eyeliner Brands to Try
Here are some eyeliners for sensitive eyes that you can try and see if they work for you. Remember that there is no one eyeliner that works for everyone because everyone has different sensitivities and allergies.
- Sephora has a pencil call Two Faces but goes on like a gel
- Physician’s Formula is a good place to start. You can find it at your local drug store
- Merle Norman Cream Liner it is sold in a little pot.
- Revlon Color Stay is another popular brand for sensitive eyes.
- Clinique Quickliner